Saturday, January 11, 2020

A New Year, a New Start

Here we are in 2020 and I realize it has been years since I posted in this blog!

But, rather than make excuses for my absence, I thought I would just pull myself together and start over.

The purpose of this blog is two-fold.  First I will be highlighting my own latest designs and artwork that I have created, and showing some of the items on which they are available in my Zazzle and FineArtAmerica stores.

And secondly, I would like to provide a showcase of the work of other artists and designers on #Zazzle by featuring some of their items here.

*******

I started the New Year the way I mean to go on by working on  some new art.  As some of you may know, I use the 3D graphics program DAZ 3D to create my art.  It's a program that allows you to create scenes on your computer, with a 3D environment, including figures, scenery, lighting much like a photographer would stage a photograph.  Then you take a virtual "photograph" of the scene and do the usual post work that any photographer does to create the final image.

Here's my first artwork of the new year, inspired by a card I received at Christmas.  I called it, surprise, surprise, "Dashing Through the Snow".  


Once the image was post processed and ready, it was time to get to work adding it to my Zazzle store.

Naturally, the first thing I did was to add it to a wrapped canvas print. Zazzle's wrapped canvas prints are made from an additive-free cotton-poly blend, making them long lasting and fade resistant.

I also added it to posters and prints for framing, postcards and customizable greeting cards.


Then came the really fun part - adding the image to some of the quality products on Zazzle and posting them to my store.

I won't show them all here, or this post would be a mile long! But here are a few that I am especially happy with:

I love how the image looks on this throw pillow and can just picture it on a sofa beside a roaring fire in a cozy cabin somewhere.


Another item I think my artwork looks especially good on is this custom wall clock. Featured in two sizes, this wall clock is vibrantly printed with AcryliPrint®HD process to ensure the highest quality display.


*******

So that's it for my art today. Now it's time to feature some of the lovely work of other designers and artists on Zazzle. Since my latest artwork features horses in the snow, I've made that the theme of today's links.

I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles and this one featuring a family of appaloosa horses is especially nice. It's available in a variety of sizes, up to 20" x 30" - 1014 pieces, which I think would be quite challenging!


Postcards are a great and affordable way to collect and share art that you love.  This postcard features two bay horses, with white feathers on their legs and white blazes on their faces, galloping in the snow under a full moon.

Horses Running In The Snow Postcard
Horses Running In The Snow Postcard
by tyraobryant

Cross-body tote bags are very useful for carrying just about anything and this one features a cute photograph of two foals playing in the snow.


And finally, I've been a fan of the digital artist CWRW since I first got introduced to DAZ3D.  Laurie specializes in dramatic equine art and this poster is an excellent example of her work.

Now it's your turn!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment