Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's Spring in Texas - and that means Bluebonnets!

It's spring in Texas - and that means bluebonnets.

I've been wanting to create a landscape with bluebonnets since I first got Vue, but I don't think there's such a thing as a bluebonnet plant available for Vue.

So, having taken an intro course at LVS last year, where the use of alpha planes was covered (I think that was what they were called), this weekend I took one of my photos of a bluebonnet, played around with it and created a bluebonnet billboard that I added to Eco Painter and used in this render.

I'm rather pleased with how it came out, even though there's not much to it.

To start out, I just used it to create a greeting card which can be customized for any occasion, but I see lots of possibilities for this design -- place mats, pillows, postcards, posters... the list goes on :-)


Field of Bluebonnets Greeting Card zazzle_card
Field of Bluebonnets Greeting Card by 3DDesignsByJayne

Here are some more designs featuring bluebonnets, from my fellow artists and designers at Zazzle.


I love the old red barn in this photo of a field of bluebonnets.
Texas Bluebonnets zazzle_print
Texas Bluebonnets by providencephoto

Wouldn't this mug make a nice gift or souvenir of Texas? Texas Bluebonnet Mug zazzle_mug
Texas Bluebonnet Mug by katkramer

This mouse pad is sure to bring a touch of Texas to your office.
Texas Bluebonnets zazzle_mousepad
Texas Bluebonnets by psmart

Send your friends a little bit o'Texas with these postcards featuring bluebonnets and other spring wildflowers.


And finally, here's a postcard I created with some photos I took of bluebonnets and other wildflowers, just a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment